Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

[Mini Review] The Diary of Edward the Hamster 1990–1990 by Miriam Elia (Illustrator) and Ezra Elia

Five Stars

The darkly comic musings of a deeply thoughtful rodent—the perfect gift for pet lovers and anguished existentialists of all ages.














The shortest book I've read in the past few years? This book. One of the of the best books I've read in the past few years? This one.

It took less than ten minutes to finish it, but the emotions and the thought and the brilliance behind it is more than most books. I can barely write a logical review, because it's just so good.

We go through Edward's entire life. He sits in his cage, mentally figuring out things that even the wisest people don't understand. He seems to interpret things childishly, even if it's in a darker sense of mind.

This is filled with hilarious and amazing quotes. The pictures are simple, but are great accompaniment to this memoir.

I can barely saying anything without spoiling this novel, since it's so short, but I can say this: If you value your life, you'll go and read this book as soon as you can. I'm not threatening anyone, but I'm just going to hint at what your fate will be if you don't.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© The Reading Obsession All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates