Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Hush, Hush By: Becca Fitzpatrick

2 Stars: Not My Taste

Goodreads Summary:

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)A SACRED OATH
A FALLEN ANGEL
A FORBIDDEN LOVE

Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.


So... I didn't like it. Oh, God, now everyone's going to hate me. I wanted to like it. Really. I did. Alright. No one's going to kill me now, got it?

The cover is amazing. It's what made me pick it up in the first place. I just had to have it. But, like so many other books, it was hiding very bad things.

There's a prologue, of course. It's really confusing, though. It's about a guy  named, like, Chauncey, being made to swear an oath of fidelty to a fallen angel. And, no, that's not a spoiler. It tells you in the summary, 'K?

So the story begins with Nora, an average high school student walking in Biology. Is it just me, or is it the science classes with the creeps? She finds out it's Human Reproduction. She meets a guy named Patch, and he creeps her out. In the story, she begins to think that people are out to kill her. She also has strange feelings about a carnival ride, and she almost dies a couple of times. So not so average anymore.

This writing was so schizophrenic. One second, she thought she was safe with Patch. In the very same line, she wondered that maybe she wasn't. What? Make up your mind, Nora! The author was probably like," Should it be all romancy? Or dangerous and dark. Ooh! I'll make it all of the above!" Then, she probably decided to let Nora figure it out. But, Nora, being an idiot, couldn't. And the story was terrible because of the writing and the main character.

If only Nora and the writing were disgusting, I might have given it three stars. But no! Patch was plain creepy. And, yeah, I was expecting an anti-hero who was dangerous and alluring. Patch just ended up weird. He had terrible pick-up lines ("Call me Patch. I mean it. Call me."). He displayed pretty much no feelings of love or affection except to have sex with her. He straight out tells her he wants to kill her. Then, he kisses her.

I didn't like Vee. She kept pushing Nora at guys. She's selfish and ignorant.

The forshadowing was alright. It surprised me at some points.


Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© The Reading Obsession All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates