Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

{Mini Review} Delirium (Delirium #1) by Lauren Oliver

Two Stars


They say that the cure for Love will make me happy and safe forever

And I've always believed them.

Until now.

Now everything has changed.

Now, I'd rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than live a hundred years smothered by a lie.


Lena looks forward to receiving the government-mandated cure that prevents the delirium of love and leads to a safe, predictable, and happy life, until ninety-five days before her eighteenth birthday and her treatment, when she falls in love.

Okay, seriously. Did I read the wrong book? Because most people talk about how amazing Delirim is and how they can just picture everything perfectly. But when I read it, I was just annoyed. It's like the exct same story as other dystopians. People, whatever you do, do not read Matched and Delirium back to back. I couldn't finish Matched because the beginnings were so similar.

The characters just seemed flat. There's basically no character development in the main character, let alone any others

And the insta-love. This had so much insta-love. It was so annoying, and one of my key issues with it.

Maybe I didn't like Delirium because I was expecting a novel where the character fights back against the government. The key word being there is "fight". Yes, there were a couple scenes where there was action, but it just wasn't enough for me.

I'm sure many people will enjoy Delirium, but personally, it wasn't worth the hype.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© The Reading Obsession All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates