Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Marked (House of Night) By: P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

One Star


Goodreads Summary:

The House of Night series is set in a world very much like our own, except in 16-year-old Zoey Redbird's world, vampyres have always existed.  In this first book in the series, Zoey enters the House of hat Night, a school where, after having undergone the Change, she will train to become an adult vampire -- that is, if she makes it through the Change.  Not all of those who are chosen do.  It's tough to begin a new life, away from her parents and friends, and on top of that, Zoey finds she is no average fledgling.  She has been Marked as special by the vampyre Goddess, Nyx.  But she is not the only fledgling at the House of Night with special powers.  When she discovers that the leader of the Dark Daughters, the school's most elite club, is misusing her Goddess-given gifts, Zoey must look deep within herself for the courage to embrace her destiny--with a little help from her new vampyre friends.



Do I have a curse of picking up bad books or something? Because this is the third book in a row that is terrible. Are all these books just creeping up on me? Do they have a group meeting and all whisper," Let's make Alisa read this." And then cackle like that creepy witch from Snow White? Maybe its my friends. They're probably pulling a prank on me or something. Fallen, and now Marked

This is one of the worst books I've read. Actually, I think this is worst book I have read. It's worse than even Twilight

Marked has not one, but two authors. How did they screw up this much?

Zoey is the most annoying, stupid, idiotic, bitchy, ridiculous, Mary-Sue character I have ever read. Ever. In my life. It was torture just to read in her point of view for more than two pages. Literally, every other chapter, I had to take a break. She was a hypocrite. One second she was berating a person for age-gaps. The other, she was kissing a teacher.

And don't forget the eating disorders. If you have one, you shouldn't get sympathy. Oh, no. You are a freak of nature. Zoey cusses out the people with eating disorders.

How am I supposed to cheer Zoey on? I hate her. I want to see her all alone on an island with no food, clean water, boys, blood, or anything else she needs to survive. I can just picture it. There's a teeny island in the middle of the ocean filled with sand. The sun beats down mercilessly on anything living on it. All plants shrivel up and die. Animals starve to death.

There were so many pop culture references. Don't they know readers don't care? One or two references are fine. Not the entire book.

411 on this book:
Plot: There's one?
Setting: Stupid
Characters: Don't get me started
Writing: Terrible
Editor: Like the Fallen editor: smart or stupid

If I go on, this review will turn into a rant, and it will never stop. So, do yourself a favor, and don't read the book.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© The Reading Obsession All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates