Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

{Mini Review} Girl of Nightmares (Anna #2) by: Kendare Blake

Sorry for not updating for a week. I'm really busy with studying for the SAT. I don't have enough time to write full reviews, so I won't be updating as often as I'd like or as long as I'd like to.

Five Stars

Goodreads Summary:

It's been months since the ghost of Anna Korlov opened a door to Hell in her basement and disappeared into it, but ghost-hunter Cas Lowood can't move on. 

His friends remind him that Anna sacrificed herself so that Cas could live—not walk around half dead. He knows they're right, but in Cas's eyes, no living girl he meets can compare to the dead girl he fell in love with.


Now he's seeing Anna everywhere: sometimes when he's asleep and sometimes in waking nightmares. But something is very wrong...these aren't just daydreams. Anna seems tortured, torn apart in new and ever more gruesome ways every time she appears.


Cas doesn't know what happened to Anna when she disappeared into Hell, but he knows she doesn't deserve whatever is happening to her now. Anna saved Cas more than once, and it's time for him to return the favor.


This review will have spoilers. I'm not sure how I can write a review of this book without some.

Well, all good things must end, right? Including this series. It was completely epic. But I hated that Anna and Cass broke up.

We all know a relationship between necrophilia and a ghost hunter is pretty impossible. But why did Blake had to write it like that? It was so sad. Tears were streaming down my face, and I never cry.

Anna was being tortured by the Obeahman over and over. So, naturally, Cass goes to try and save her. 

The characters were well written; they were even better than the last book. They were not cardboard cutouts at all.

There were some gruesome scenes in this book, and Blake pulled them off well.

This book is awesome. Go read it. Now. Or I will put you in the Suicide Forest with no escape...

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© The Reading Obsession All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates