Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Book Blogger New Year’s Challenge- Day Seven:

Top Ten Book Blogger Pet Peeves

If you knew me in person, you'd know how annoyed I get with books, people with books, and book blogs. Narrowing it down was hard, but I managed. Without further ado, and in no particular order, here are the worst things people do to books:

1) Dog Earring: There is something called a bookmark. You can use almost anything flat and papery. Or, you can write down the page number somewhere. How about doing anything but ruining the book?

2) Love triangles: I don't care how hot the guys are. There is a magical, wonderful thing called a plot. And these two guys are detracting from it. 

3) Grammatical Errors: Whether this is in a blog or a book, it just makes me so angry. If it's self-published and there's only a few, sure, whatever. But if I can't understand the book because it's so bad, then there's a problem.

4) Cliffhangers: If the next book's not written yet, then how am I supposed to function in life?

5) Badly Behaving Authors: This is one of the worst things. If you cannot handle a review, then don't write the book. Or just don't read the reviews in the first place! 

6) Trolls: Look at at number six on this list.

7) Formatting: Making everything perfect is horrible. I need it to look professional and really well done, but it takes so much time.

8) Buttons Not Working: Do you see that search button on the right? It doesn't work. And no matter what I do, it won't be fixed.

9) Breaking Book Spines: Why would you completely ruin a book? Now it's never going to close again!

10) Horrible Book Titles/Covers: If there's a young adult book, and it's called something like "Sexiest Passion and the Sexy Secret", I'm not going to buy it. I'll just buy the Kindle version and be sad when it's about a serial killer and has no romance.

Thank you, Parajunkee, for coming up with this idea. 
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© The Reading Obsession All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates